Startup Funding Club gathers investors at Home House for its first startup pitching event of the season
Last Monday 17th September, Startup Funding Club (SFC) inaugurated the new season of Pitching & Networking events with outstanding success. The occasion, known as the Crocodile Lair, was held at private members club Home House and gathered over eighty investors eager to meet the latest investment opportunities sourced by SFC.
The evening kicked off with SFC’s CEO Stephen Page welcoming guests and extending thanks to SFC Bennett Brooks and Withersworldwide for their ongoing support and partnership with the firm. Following a word from the sponsors, Joseph Zipfel, Investment Manager at SFC, announced some of the latest success stories of the SFC Angel Fund, which is currently open for its second close of 2018.
After the good news, Page gave the stage to the stars of the evening – five outstanding startups looking to raise equity investment under the tax-efficient (Seed) Enterprise Investment Schemes:
- Neotas – offers new generation due-diligence. Its platform goes beyond traditional database checks, investigating data from unlimited open sources including social media, and the deep and dark web to provide clients with actionable insights from clear, easy to understand reports and dashboards.
- World of Zing – one of the UK’s most innovative food & drink businesses looking to disrupt emerging categories – from bottled cocktails to hot sauces. Its rapidly growing stocklists range from Ocado and Whole Foods to Carluccio's and The Langham Hotel.
- Shoppar – a facial analytics software that gathers in-store customer data using computer vision. The data enables live and tailored marketing campaigns to be delivered to shoppers.
- Swoop – a one-stop money shop for businesses seeking finance. Its platform speeds up access to loans, grants, and equity finance by integrating with multiple data sources. Once matched, Swoop manage their clients’ application process to completion.
- Swytch – provides access to the best eBike technology. The Swytch eBike kit turns any bike into a state-of-the-art eBike, for a fraction of the cost of a new eBike. Since its launch last November, the company has gathered over $1M in sales.
The speakers presented groundbreaking propositions that sparked the interest of the audience. The evening concluded with a networking session accompanied by drinks and canapés in which investors had the chance to approach the presenters and get into further detail about the companies showcased.
Are you an investor looking to support UK-based startups? Please have a look at https://startupfundingclub.com/page/invest to learn more about how we operate.
Are you a UK-based startup looking for funding? Please have a look at https://startupfundingclub.com/page/raise and apply if you fit our criteria.