Startup Funding Club (SFC), showcased last week an outstanding line-up of startups at its March Pitching & Networking event at Home House. The private club opened its doors once more to SFC’s popular investor event, where many gathered to meet some of the best businesses the organisation has seen in the last few weeks.
Opening with a few words from SFC’s CEO Stephen Page and the sponsors of the evening – SFC Bennett Brooks and Withersworldwide –, five up-and-coming companies pitched their businesses to the crowd of investors:
- Transcend Packaging is an innovative packaging company that produces sustainable paper-based packaging using new technologies and materials to reduce the environmental impact.
- Valkyrie Industries is building the world’s first universal platform that delivers a natural perception of touch for human computer interfaces by using machine learning/AI to understand each person’s muscle movements and sensory thresholds.
- TEA REX is a revolutionary fruit tea made only of fresh, not dehydrated, fruits and roots with the mission to change the beige bag status quo of tasteless teas with an infusion that delivers both exceptional flavours and nutrition.
- Winning Minds is a Conversation AI Analysis software that captures and analyses discussions at work to support managers invest in the right talents, teams and customers. WM team has translated the social and emotional intelligence abilities to demonstrated skills and behaviours.
- Not in the Guidebooks is a marketplace bringing together premium private local authentic experiences with independent travellers looking to create their own itinerary and not wanting to be part of a tour group.
To close the presentations, Joseph Zipfel, Investment Manager at SFC, updated investors on the progress of the SFC Angel Fund, which currently comprises 14 companies and will be closing at the end of March.
The night then concluded with a networking session that ran until late. There, investors and entrepreneurs were able to further discuss the opportunities showcased over drinks and nibbles.