Startup Funding Club introduces five promising early stage investment opportunities to business angels at its last pitching event of the year at Home House
Last Monday 12th November, Startup Funding Club (SFC) held the latest edition of its popular pitching and networking event – the Crocodile Lair – at private members club Home House. There, SFC’s CEO Stephen Page introduced five up-and-coming early stage companies to the audience of angel investors following a brief introduction to the sponsors of the evening – SFC Bennett Brooks and Withersworldwide.
- Sceenic provides solutions to power interactive viewing experiences. Through its "Watch Together" technology, media companies create “watch together” experiences for their audiences, offering them a deeper, more engaging and interactive group viewing experience. BT Sport and Virgin Media are already using Sceenic to bring the conversation to life in their TV and OTT video platforms, increasing engagement and decreasing churn at the same time.
- eola is an advanced SaaS platform that creates a super simple way for experiential businesses of all sizes to manage their entire portfolio online in one location while distributing their inventory through channels using beautifully designed widgets and displays. Using cutting edge technology, eola has built a vastly more advanced system than anything else currently on the market and turns a process that was previously a laborious nightmare into a true delight.
- The Jackal is a luxury lifestyle media brand aimed at affluent, urban men. The mission is to develop The Jackal into a trusted and influential voice, ultimately becoming an essential partner for luxury brands looking for deeper insight and engagement with this audience.
- Phebi’s vision rests on the emergence of voice as an effective complimentary method of digital access alongside the keyboard, mouse, and swipe. The company expects voice interaction to be as revolutionary as the mouse became in the rise of GUI-based applications and believes voice can make interactions more efficient, bring digital access to those challenged by the limitations of current access methods, and create new digital transaction opportunities.
- Olly’s Olives is a team of olive fanatics on a mission to take olives to the next level. Having launched with the world's first unpasteurised snack pouches in September 2017, they have achieved 3000+ distribution points worldwide, including 500+ Sainsbury's stores, Eurostar, Virgin Trains, Selfridges & Brewdog. They have now launched their brand new line of chilled pots. Welcome to the Olivelution.
Investors had the chance to further enquire about the innovative ventures with their founders during the short Q&A sessions that followed each pitch as well as during the subsequent networking session. With this informal discussion, Startup Funding Club closed its last pitching and networking event of the year. The organisation is already working in its 2019 cycle of events, which will introduce the SFC Angel Network to new promising early stage investment opportunities.
Are you an investor looking to support UK-based startups? Please have a look at https://startupfundingclub.com/page/invest to learn more about how we operate.
Are you a UK-based startup looking for funding? Please have a look at https://startupfundingclub.com/page/raise and apply if you fit our criteria.