Startup Funding Club introduces five up-and-coming startups at its first Investor Event of 2018 at Home House
Last Monday, Startup Funding Club (SFC) held its first SFC Pitching & Networking event of 2018 at Home House, Mayfair. The evening brought together a large crowd of investors eager to learn more about some of the latest investment opportunities sourced by SFC. Five companies eligible for the UK Government’s Enterprise Investment Schemes (SEIS and EIS) pitched to the audience:
- Banvard & James, a luxury mens accessory and gift brand that champions British quality and design and whose collections feature a discreet modern incorporation of vibrant colour.
- Jupiter Diagnostics, offering a faster, cheaper way to obtain accurate blood tests. Its patent-protected reader can replace the lab, delivering multiple tests in 10 minutes from a prick of blood at prices a third cheaper.
- OnCare, who aims to seed the supply side of the future digital marketplace for care with its unique approach to sell well-designed low-cost software into care agencies.
- Smart Cot, which uses image recognition and the data from its built-in sensors to detect risk factors in infants under 1 year old. Smart Cot tracks, monitors and analyses the infant’s health development and growth.
- HANX, a luxury condom which encourages women to take control of their sexual health. HANX addresses a clear gap in the market, presenting vegan ultra-thin male condoms in luxurious matte foil.
The event, which was sponsored by Withersworldwide and SFC Bennett Brooks, concluded with a networking session in which entrepreneurs and investors had the chance to get into further detail about their ventures.